Collapsed Lung Recovery
Lungs are paired organs that are located under the rib cage, on either side of the chest. They play a very important role in the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide. They are lined by a protective two-layered serous membrane called pleura. While the inner membrane is attached to the lungs, the outer one is attached to the chest wall. The space between these two layers is called pleural space. It is filled with a fluid. As the lungs inflate and deflate during the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide, the fluid within these membranes helps these two layers slide over each other.
- When the lungs inflate or expand by increasing the size of the chest cavity, it results in a negative (vacuum) pressure in the pleural space.
- If air gets collected within the pleural space, it causes pressure to build up over the lungs.
- If the pressure in the pleural space is equal to the pressure outside the body, the lungs collapse as they are unable to expand during inhalation.
- This condition is medically referred to as pneumothorax.
Intake of certain medicines can cause nasty side effects that includes coughing at night. ACE inhibitors prescribed for high blood pressure patients are notorious for causing dry cough at night. Reducing the dosage can be beneficial to relieve cough.
Natural Bronchitis Relief - BronovilBronovil Cough Relief Set consists of all-natural supplement and soothing homeopathic drops, created to help target the source of upper respiratory inflamation. Bronovil's ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy lungs and respiratory system, help reducing inflammation and support respiratory health. Now they are all combined into this unique cough formula. Lowering inflammation and supporting healing has been shown to relieve the pain and flare-ups related to upper respiratory infections.
Learn More about This Product »
- Small or a partial collapse occurs when a small amount of air collects between the lungs and the chest wall.
- This might not be a medical emergency, but the dip in the levels of oxygen in the blood is most likely to give rise to shortness of breath.
- The symptoms are severe when a large amount of air collects in the pleural space, thereby putting a lot of pressure on the lungs and the heart.
- Under such circumstances, the affected individual is likely to experience symptoms such as:
Pneumonia, a common bacterial infection, can also cause bronchitis. Difficulty in breathing, chest discomfort, coughing and high fever, are commonly associated with pneumonia. Although the bacteria invades the lungs in pneumonia, the bronchial tubes may also show signs of inflammation. The reason being, the proliferation of bacteria in pneumonia can also affect the bronchial tubes, leading to bronchitis.
How to Get Rid of Mucus in Lungs
For more information on how to get rid of mucus in lung, these may interest you. http://geni.us/9tCtAzY http://geni.us/GWcFFA http://geni.us/ZWfvH7 (affiliate links.)
Today's times, the deteriorating quality of air due to the release of gas and toxic chemicals into the atmosphere also increases the risk of bronchitis, in both children and adults. Industrial dusts and emission of smoke from vehicles are the ones that actually pollute the air. Inhaling this polluted air, which is common in developing and developed countries, can inflame the bronchial tubes, eventually causing respiratory problems like bronchitis.
A Simple Home Remedy
Coughing at night can be indeed annoying, but an easy way to stop it would be to use Vicks VapoRub (Grease-less). A small of bottle of Vicks VapoRub is not at all costly, and is available at various drugstores. Firstly, soak a cloth in warm water and then use it to clean the bottom of the feet. Take some amount of VapoRub from the bottle and apply it evenly to the soles of the patient's feet. Applying it in excessive amounts will make it wet and cause discomfort to the patient. After applying it carefully, ask the patient to wear thick woolen socks.
- All the lung diseases are differentiated according to the categories given in the previous section.
- Some of the diseases even carry symptoms or problems of more than one category.
- Following is the list of major lung diseases.
- The list may not be complete, but we have tried to bring most of the major diseases into your knowledge.