Heveny Bronchitis: Common Causes of Bronchitis
We all know about bronchitis as a respiratory problem in which the inner walls of the bronchial tubes are swollen. The bronchial tubes transport air from the windpipe to the lungs. When the bronchial tubes develop inflammation, the free flow of air in and out of the lungs takes a backseat. Restricted air flow leading to trouble in breathing is one of the most common consequences of bronchitis. Apart from breathing problems, bronchitis induces yellow phlegm producing cough, fatigue, and raises body temperature. Although this respiratory problem strikes both young and adults, not many are aware of its causes. It is discussed below:
- The mortality rate for Klebsiella pneumoniae is very high, even after the patient receives proper treatment.
- Thus, it is important to know and understand the Klebsiella pneumoniae symptoms.
- Early medical intervention will help prevent the disease from turning fatal.
- Hope the above information was helpful to you in understanding the symptoms of pneumonia due to Klebsiella pneumoniae infection.
Conventional Treatment Options
During pregnancy, it is recommended to avoid medicines, especially in the first three months. Before using any over-the-counter drugs, always consult your doctor for medicines that can be safely taken during pregnancy. Drugs like Robitussin, Robitussin DM, and Vicks plain cough syrup are considered to be safe during pregnancy. However, medical advice is strictly recommended before taking any over-the-counter medicines.
- Some other effective gargling solutions includes fresh lemon juice with warm water and a tablespoon of salt and vinegar.
- Lukewarm water mixed with salt and turmeric root extract powder serves as an antiseptic for the neck and relieves the signs and symptoms.
- Likewise, grated ginger juice or holy basil boiled in hot water may be effective cough suppressants.
- Gargling with spinach juice has also been known to relieve the signs.
- Soak almonds in water right away.
- Remove the skin and grind into a fine stick.
- Mix this with sugar and butter.
- This should be taken two times a day.
- Mix herbs like mint leaves and eucalyptus leaves in hot water and bring it to a boil.
- Heart Problems: When the heart is not working efficiently, it can have a direct negative impact on the lung function.
- The heart is involved in regulating blood circulation throughout the body.
- However, in medical conditions like congestive heart failure (CHF), normal blood flow is disrupted.
- As a result, the blood that is traveling from the lungs to the heart backs up.
- Thus, blood flow trying to move in opposite direction can put excessive strain on the veins that are passing through the lungs.
- This backing up of blood flow damage these veins considerably.
- The damaged veins are no longer able to sustain this abnormal blood flow, hence some amount of blood fluid spills into the lungs.
- This condition commonly known as fluid filled lungs also gives a feeling of clogged chest.
- Chest congestion arising from heart problems is typically marked by edema (build up of fluid) in the hands and feet.
Garlic & Honey Tea
This remedy may not be appetizing for many, but it sure is a very effective one against dry cough. You will need to crush a few garlic cloves and then boil them in water so as to make garlic tea. Now add a few drops of honey and cinnamon to the mix while it is still boiling and let the cinnamon extracts seep out thoroughly. You may add a few cloves of cardamom as well. This tea will get you feeling better in no time.
Is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a medical expert. This miracle cure assists for a persistent cough much better than any of the over-the-counter medications. You can mix it with some warm water or even put in certain non-caffeinated herbal tea. You can add some juice of ginger, along with a pinch of black pepper powder. Take this particular 2-3 times in a day, to relieve yourself of the issue. A tbsp. of honey blended with fresh lemon juice or a teaspoonful of raw red onion juice mixed with a teaspoon of darling additionally might help hold back the actual cough. Gargle with hot saltwater in order to cleanse your neck and clean the actual mucus.
- Flu: Influenza, including swine flu can lead to overproduction of clear phlegm.
- Other symptoms related to this condition are fever, runny nose, headache, muscle pain, and sore throat.
- Salt-water Gargling: This remedy helps to bring the mucus to the upper throat and soothes the throat; it also fights infection.
- So, boil 3 cups of water and add 4 tablespoons of salt to it.
- Wait till this solution becomes warm, gargle with this solution.
- Repeat this around 3 - 4 times a day.
Influenza The influenza commonly referred to as flu, is a viral infection that can have a negative impact on the bronchial tubes. It is observed that bronchitis cases escalate dramatically during winter, because viral flu infection commonly affects people in this season. A person affected with seasonal flu typically experiences body aches, headaches, fatigue, chills, runny nose, and has a high body temperature. Unlike smoking, the influenza virus usually causes acute bronchitis, which means it lasts for a shorter period of time, and goes away as soon as the influenza virus completes its course.
- Licorice Tea: Licorice is a natural expectorant.
- Also, it helps to soothe the throat.
- Combine licorice tea with peppermint and add honey for taste.
- Drink this tea twice a day.
- Since the causal virus could get transmitted in order to people, it's advisable to prevent contact with affected kids or even adults.
- Timely vaccines as well as scheduled immunizations would prove beneficial.
- Also, beverage adequate amount of water, and stick to a healthy diet.
Influenza, also known as flu, is a highly contagious acute viral infectious disease. Many people get confused between common cold and flu. Influenza is characterized by runny nose, cough, sore throat, high fever, chills, headache, body ache, and weakness. In extreme and rare cases, flu can even lead to death.
- Contributing Factors Cough is usually caused due to a viral infection.
- The causal brokers include:
Now let's turn towards the arguments in the walking pneumonia vs. bronchitis debate. Your health care professional will be in a position to diagnose whether you are suffering from walking pneumonia or bronchitis. The symptoms of walking pneumonia are similar to common cold and flu, namely consisting of fever, sore throat, and headaches. Other symptoms include enlarged lymph glands, muscle aches, trouble in breathing, skin rashes, etc. On the other hand, the symptoms of bronchitis are cough with white, yellow or greenish mucus, headaches, chills, fever, wheezing, sore throat, and soreness in the chest.
The symptoms of flu are usually more severe than those of a cold, and they tend to come on quickly. The symptoms of seasonal flu and swine flu are similar in many ways including sore throat, headache, fever, muscle aches, congestion, and coughing. Swine flu is also associated with diarrhea and vomiting. Most symptoms of the flu improve slowly over the course of three to five days, but some people may continue to feel tired and run down for five or six days. The flu can often turn into pneumonia, particularly in elderly people, children, or people with heart or lung complications. If you notice that you are feeling short of breath or having trouble sleeping because of congestion, or if your fever goes away and then comes back after a day or two, then you should consult a doctor. A fever of more than 101 degrees is rare with a common cold, but is fairly common with the flu.
Slippery elm is considered one of the best scratchy throat remedy by herbalists. The inner bark of the slippery elm tree contains a mucilage. When the mucilage is mixed with water it swells up. This mix tends to soothe the irritated throat. The bark of this tree might not be easily available, in this case you can take the slippery elm capsules. They are equally effective.
Acute Bronchitis - Causes, Symptoms, Treatments & More…
See much more honest health information at: http://www.rehealthify.com/ Rehealthify offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
On the other hand, if it is followed by other problems like respiratory method failure, SARS, abscess, or acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), it is difficult to control and cure it. In that case, a hospital stay with intravenous antibiotic treatment is required.
- Asthma: People who have asthma can cough out white or pink mucus and one often experiences difficulty while breathing.
- Asthma is caused by an allergic reaction which leads to inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
- Steaming hot food and soups like chicken soup and broth are excellent options for congestion.
- Light exercise is also helpful.
- Avoid exercising in dust and polluted outdoors.
- Also, stay away from smoke, chemical fumes, and alcohol.
- They worsen the congestion and irritation.
White Mucus is Not a Serious Symptom
A simple home remedy like inhaling steam, will thin the mucus and make it easier to expel. Just like fever is the body's way to fight infection, secretion of mucus is too. Phlegm/mucus/sputum is produced in the body everyday, it helps to keep the nasal passages moist. But when irritants attack, more amount of mucus is produced to clear the passages. Hence, excessive mucus production is not bad news.
Fever Coughing at night Stridor Chest retractions Difficulty breathing Difficulty swallowing Pale skin Home Care as well as Treatment
- Trauma: Any injury to the lungs or the chest wall causes this condition.
- It can be a result of gunshot, accident, or any direct injury to the lung.
- Medical surgeries, like open lung biopsy or any other lung surgery may also be a reason.
For chest congestion and cough, antibiotics tend to be approved. Expectorant, decongestant, etc., are some of the treatments for coughing. Nasal decongestants may prove to be helpful to clear blocked nasal passages. Dental antihistamines may also prove to be helpful in treating the problem, if the cough will be caused as a result of allergens. However, it is important to avoid cough suppressant, as they are advocated for dry cough, and not for wet cough. If you are a smoke enthusiast, then you may want to quit smoking immediately, as smoking causes excessive production of mucous.
- When to seek Medical Help Medical assistance should be sought in certain situations.
- Consult a doctor if the kid is actually going through these symptoms:
Cough Syrups: Many Cough Syrups are Available OTC
So, buy a bottle of cough syrup which acts as an expectorant. However, make sure you get the right bottle, as some bottles come for children while some for adults. Also, some bottles can make you drowsy, so buy the non-drowsy bottles of syrup if you wish to work after taking the cough syrup.
MRSA lung infection causes the skin to appear dry, red, irritated, swollen, and itchy. Some people might also suffer from skin infection where pimple-like bumps filled with pus may appear on the skin. It is contagious and can spread through skin contact. Along with the symptoms mentioned above, one might also suffer from chills, fever, and cough. Shortness of breath, fatigue, and body ache is also experienced by people suffering from the condition. In severe cases, individuals may suffer from urinary tract infection as well.
Short, BODE-Index is a 10-Point Scale
The higher the score, the lower the life expectancy. It has been observed that respiratory problems are associated with higher risk of death, when compared to other parameters, especially for those with high BODE scores. This is only a brief overview about COPD life expectancy and BODE index. Interpretation of BODE index score should be done by a health care professional only.
- Causes Breathing problems in canines could be caused due to a wide variety of reasons.
- Here's some information on the common contributory factors for wheezing in dogs.
- Honey and Ginger: Ginger contains oleoresins which helps get rid of excess mucus and fight infection.
- Honey coats the throat and soothes it.
- So, take small pieces of fresh ginger and mix it with honey.
- Chew slowly and swallow the mix.
Medical assistance should be sought regarding severe cough and breathing problems. The treatment involves the management of aerosolized racemic epinephrine. This could be shot, breathed in, or taken orally. Inhaled corticosteroids might also help reduce the swelling in the upper parts of the larynx and trachea. In the event of inhaling and exhaling problems, the patient might also require oxygen.
CautionIt is not advisable to give honey to babies under 12 months of age, for treating the symptoms of cough. It may lead to allergic reactions and infant botulism, due to the presence of pollens and bacteria like Clostridium tetani. If the cough is persistent and lingers for more than a week, which disturbs your baby's sleep and day-to-day activities, it is better to get him examined by a pediatrician. At the same time, if your baby has sore throat, do not waste time and seek medical help immediately.
- On the other hand, chronic bronchitis can develop following a prolonged inflammation or infection to the airways or the bronchi.
- Factors like smoking, constant exposure to industrial pollutants, and cold air can lead to chronic bronchitis.
- One should remember that secondhand smoking (also known as passive smoking) is also one of the major causes of chronic bronchitis.
Since this condition is preceded by cold, it is a good idea to treat cold at the earliest. Following certain natural remedies would prove beneficial. For example, you are able to keep the air damp by setting mist vaporizer or humidifier in the room. The intake of fluids ought to be increased in order to avoid dehydration. Keep the patient in the airy room. Try to calm the child, when he/she is experiencing cough during the night. Crying could worsen the problem. So, make sure that the child stops crying, and stays calm. Since symptoms of croup are similar to that of epiglottitis (inflammation of epiglottis), it is advisable to consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Causes Smoking Recent reports clearly indicate that most cases of bronchitis result due to smoking.
- In fact, smoking has become a major contributor in the rising incidences of bronchitis.
- Also called the smoker's disease, bronchitis associated with smoking is long-lasting and does not go away so easily.
- It may last for two years even, and during this period, the bronchitis subsides and elevates at regular intervals.
- Many ask 'how smoking leads to bronchitis'.
- Well, it is a known fact that inhaling tobacco everyday can eventually damage to any part of the respiratory system.
- Cigarettes are stuffed with tobacco, and so their inhalation irritates the bronchial tubes.
- This subsequently causes inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
- Exposure to passive smoking (second-hand smoke) daily also increases the chances of developing chronic bronchitis.
- Anti-viral medication, or anti-bacterial medicine and also antibiotics can help in treating pneumonia.
- Back pain can be treated by other prescription medication.
GERD: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease relates to a condition where the fluids from the stomach flow backwards to the esophagus which is the tube connecting the stomach to the mouth. This irritates the throat and causes white phlegm along with other symptoms like chest pain, sore throat, sensation of lump in the throat, etc.
But, Not All Cases of Back Pain are Caused by Pneumonia
Similarly, not all cases of pneumonia trigger lower back pain. When suffering from pneumonia, many other signs and symptoms are also noticed. Here's detailed information about pneumonia that will be helpful in knowing more about the disease.
- Croup, which is also called residual dry cough or even barking cough, takes place due to inflammation in top of the parts of the larynx and trachea.
- This problem mostly affects children below the age of Five years.
- However, it might at times affect adults.
Humidifier or Vaporizer
Both the humidifier and vaporizer are used to increase moisture in air in the house. They are both used when the air is very dry, which aggravates the condition of cough. If you take a look at both of them, they will look the same from the exterior, however, there is a difference between how they operate. A humidifier breaks cold water particles and cool moisture droplets are dispersed into the air. On the other hand, steam or hot vapor from boiling water is used to humidify the room in a vaporizer.
This clears the basic difference between a vaporizer and humidifier. To sum it up, while the humidifier releases cold water droplets into the air, the vaporizer releases hot steam into the air and in the process humidifies the room. The humidity in the air helps in alleviating the condition of the respiratory organs. Both the humidifier and vaporizer will help in clearing congestion, which may be the cause of cough.
Adenovirus Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) The causal pathogen could turn out to be airborne when the affected person coughs or perhaps sneezes. Inhalation of respiratory secretions could cause the transmission of the virus. Also, the pathogen could get sent to other people because of contact with the surface or objects that have been touched by the affected individual.
Allergies An allergic reaction could occur when dogs inhale or ingest a substance that their immune system recognizes to be a threat. Sometimes dogs may wheeze after coming in contact with certain airborne allergens. Pollen, dust, smoke, chemicals from pesticides, perfumes, rubber, flea bites, drugs, vaccines and certain food items could cause an allergic reaction in some dogs. Besides noisy breathing, the affected dog may also exhibit symptoms such as coughing, itching, vomiting or runny nose.
Croup is Mostly Observed in Children Who are Affected by Cold
Children experience nasal congestion, runny nose, a fever, and so forth. Once the lining of the windpipe and the tone of voice container obtain inflamed, the infant's voice becomes hoarse. The characteristic manifestation of this condition is cough that is compared to the sound of a barking seal. As a result of the inflammation of the upper airway, the kid finds it difficult to breathe. He/she might breathe rapidly. Furthermore, he/she is likely to experience coughing at night, which is together with noisy, tough breathing as well as stridor (high-pitched noise in the course of inhalation). In some cases, the inflammation could have an effect on the bronchial tubes.
- Remedies for White MucusUnderstand that one should try home remedies only to treat white mucus.
- However, if you are coughing up mucus which has blood in it or is green-colored, instead of using home remedies seek immediate medical treatment.
- As coughing up mucus which is bloody, green or has brown phlegm are serious conditions that need immediate medical attention.
Low Iron Diet
When the diet is poor in iron, it is obvious that the person will be sooner or later be diagnosed with deficiency of this dietary mineral. People who are iron deficient often whine about sore throat, which eventually causes forceful coughing. Increasing the intake of dietary iron will reduce irritation in throat and subsequently reduce the cough.