Dry Persistent Cough: Do You Have the Flu, or Just a Cold?
It's important for you to know the difference between the symptoms of a regular seasonal cold and the flu. If you wake up sneezing and coughing, with a fever and feeling like you don't want to move out of bed, you could just be suffering from a cold that will last a couple of days and pass, or you could have a respiratory infection that will just get worse without treatment.
Another Essential Cure is the Use of Uncooked Onions
Finely chop a raw onion and extract it's juice. Blend one tsp from the onion juice with one teaspoon of honey and also ensure that it stays for around 4-5 hours. Eat this kind of excellent cough syrup twice a day. Another home remedy with onions is always to crush a raw red onion and add juice of one lemon. Add one glass of boiling water for this mixture. You can also add honey for better taste. Take in this particular mixture 2-3 times a day. This particular preparation is useful in treating phlegm.
Cough Medicine During Pregnancy
Following are the medications found to be reliable during pregnancy: Robitussin When it comes to relieving cough during pregnancy, Robitussin is a trusted brand. Robitussin is commonly recommended by doctors and pharmacists to reduce cough in pregnant women. Depending upon the cough syrup strength, different ingredients have been added. However, to be on the safer side, doctors often recommend cough medicine that contains only one ingredient. So, go for 'Robitussin plain' as the only ingredient in it is dextromethorphan, which assists to suppress the cough. This ingredient has been analyzed carefully in laboratories and found to be safe for consumption in pregnant women. Studies show that pregnant women taking dextromethorphan in the right dosage does not cause any birth defects. Pregnant women suffering from dry cough can take this medicine.
Can Allergic reactions Trigger Upper body Congestion? Yes, Allergies can cause upper body blockage." You may be surprised to know that there are a number of those who suffer from this health difficulty, however, do not even bother to consult their family physician. I hope you are not one amongst them.
Genus Klebsiella is a part of Klebsiellae tribe that belongs to the bacterial family Enterobacteriaceae. They are non-motile and rod-shaped bacteria. They are Gram-negative, encapsulated bacteria. The capsule that covers a Klebsiella cell helps provide them resistance to many antibiotics. These bacteria have two types of antigens on the surface of the cell. These antigens include the lipopolysaccharide (O antigen) and the capsular polysaccharide (K antigen). There are around 9 O antigens and 77 K antigens present on a Klebsiella cell. This helps divide the organism into different serotypes based on antigenicity. Among the different species of the genus Klebsiella, Klebsiella pneumoniae is the most medically important bacterial species. Klebsiellae are ubiquitous organisms and are able to colonize the gastrointestinal tract, pharynx as well as the skin.
Symptoms The most prominent characteristic of a pulled muscle is that you feel a sharp pain in the damage site each time a person cough. The intensity of this frequently varies from mild to severe and it depends on the severity of damage caused to the muscles. The pain tends to get aggravated when you try to flex the affected muscle tissue. The spot is sensitive in order to touch and you can feel some stiffness and swelling in the area. If it is a serious injuries in the chest or abdominal muscles, you'll be able to feel the pain even when you inhale and exhale. The pain intensifies when the muscles tend to be contracted for inhaling and exhaling and it assists in easing off a little when the muscle tissue undergo relaxation. Sometimes, when chest or ab muscles are hurt, one may find it difficult to bend down or twist the body as well.
Do Not Try to Massage the Pulled Muscles
This is because, should you stroke your fingers over the muscle, the movement of the muscle tissue may have a harmful effect on the delicate muscle fibers. While recovering from a pulled muscle mass, it's not necessary to drink alcohol or smoke, as these substances slow down the healing process.
- Is often said that one should not suffer from any respiratory illness such as common cold or cough during pregnancy.
- This is because the medicine that one uses for treatment can influence the baby's health.
- Pregnant women are extremely worried to take any medicine as they are concerned about its effects on the baby.
- Their concern is indeed feasible as it is observed that certain medications used for the treatment for cough can harm the fetus.
- Aniseed is considered to be a good remedy for dry cough.
- Regular consumption of aniseed tea helps you to break up the mucous.
Ginger Tea is Known for Its Soothing Effect
Help to make a combination of 1 inch of grated fresh ginger underlying, 1 clove garlic, fresh sliced lemon, and a pair of cups of water. Keep this mixture on the gas and bring it in order to boil. Decrease the heat and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes. Ginger tea helps to open the nasal passages.
Respiratory Infection: The individual affected with this infection will have croup, which is a violent, hacking cough that may produce little or no mucus. The cough can progress from a dry cough to productive cough with mucus. This cough often worsens at night. Nasal congestion, wheezing, difficulty in breathing, and sore throat are some of the symptoms of walking pneumonia. Once the cold gets worse and the disease settles into the chest, it can cause chest congestion and pain. In some cases, people with walking pneumonia may have bronchitis, which is caused by the inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bronchi.
- Bronchitis Bronchitis is an illness that impacts the bronchi, where acute inflammation of the air passages is observed.
- In most cases, the inflammation outcomes because of an infection.
- Air is maintained from the trachea into the lungs with the help of the bronchi.
- Infection and inflammation as a result of discomfort, damage the cells present in the actual bronchi.
- The cilia existing on the cells have the effect of trapping and removing the inhaled foreign bodies.
- A blocking of the cilia results in an obstruction inside the airways and also debris can no longer flow easily.
- Mucus, which resembles cough, is then created.
- There are two main types of bronchitis, namely acute and chronic.
- Acute bronchitis takes about 10 days, whereas chronic bronchitis may last for three months or more.
- The actual signs of bronchitis are: Walking Pneumonia or Bronchitis?
The Recovery Period is Generally Between 3
6 weeks. In case of the elderly, complete recovery requires more time, especially if suffering from other respiratory disorders. In such individuals the recovery time may be more than 12 weeks. The observed recovery times in adults are as follows.
Pertussis Also referred to as whooping-cough, this condition is more common in children than adults. Nevertheless, adults too could be victims of pertussis. Whooping cough is characterized by a 'whoop' seem that is caused at the conclusion of each coughing episode. The first is bound to see wheezing, harsh coughing sound, watery eyes and runny nose with language seldom sticking out as well as turning blue in response to the intensity of the cough.
Is observed that taking cough medication that contain antihistamines or iodine are not safe in pregnant women. Even prescription cough medicines contain either dextromethorphan or guaifenesin. On the whole, remember that the overdose of any cough syrup can cause health problems in the unborn baby. So as a precautionary measure, one should first contact a health care provider to know which cough medicine is FDA approved and safe during pregnancy.
Well, this cough medicine is not a syrup nor an oral tablet. It is available as a topical ointment and one has to simply apply it on chest to lessen coughing. It contains medicated vapors that help to relieve cough. VicksVapo drops is also a useful remedy for cough and sore throat.
- Cough As we all know, coughing during a lung infection is the body's way of throwing out the accumulated mucus in the respiratory tract.
- In such cases, buying a medicine that contains an expectorant can help to expel the built up mucus in the lungs.
- On the other hand dry cough is treated with a medication containing suppressants, that are known to suppress the cough.
Dry And persistent cough remedies @ home
Health Info Talk provides health and medical information that is quality assured, reliable, up to date, easy to understand, regularly reviewed and relevant.
- Another remedy that is said to be excellent is the consumption of a sauce produced from raisins.
- To prepare this particular sauce, grind about 100 gm of raisins with drinking water.
- Then, include about 100 gm of sugar and allow this mixture to heat.
- Consume about 20 gm of this sauce everyday at night.
- Mucinex This is yet another FDA approved medicine that can provide a considerable amount of relief from chest congestion during pregnancy.
- This is one ingredient medication and contains guaifenesin.
- Guaifenesin is basically an expectorant that helps in thinning mucus secretions, which can be easily expelled through coughing.
Chest cold is a kind of phrase, which is used to denote the symptoms of bronchitis. It starts with a common chilly or an upper respiratory tract infection; but, soon changes in order to chest blockage, accompanied with cough and phlegm. These types of symptoms can be really bothersome, especially, during nighttime. This condition is called bronchitis, which is caused by inflammation of the mucous lining in the bronchial tubes. One of the most common cause of acute bronchitis is viral attacks, but, this condition can also be caused by fungi or bacteria. Other causal real estate agents include smoking and also pollution. A chest cold can be either acute or chronic. While most of the acute cases can be controlled successfully with home remedies, persistent types require medical attention.
Why Do We Need to Cough Up Mucus?
Though expectoration is a mechanism that the body employs for expelling foreign substances, it could sometimes be a symptom of a health problem. Scroll down to find out about the medical conditions that may cause accumulation of phlegm.
Almonds tend to be helpful for the treatment of dry cough. Soak the almonds in drinking water overnight and get rid of their own skin in the morning. Grind the walnuts making a uniform insert. Add about 20 gm of sugar and butter to the almond paste. This mixture should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- Caution Always keep in mind these cough medications which provide temporary relief have to be used for a maximum of 2-3 days.
- Using it for a longer duration is certainly not advisable.
- Also, these are over the counter cough medicines and can be purchased without prescription.
- However, consulting the doctor is extremely important, so as to know the exact dosage of these medications.
- Coughing is a reflex action, necessary for cleaning the actual sputum, secretions, and foreign particles from the respiratory system passage.
- The reflex action of cough is actually one of the best defense system, which is triggered by the obstruction or irritation of the respiratory tract.
- Cough is accompanied by a typical sounds that results from the act of exhaling oxygen all of a sudden for clearing the phlegm or congestion.
- It is one of the most common symptoms of specific viral infections such as influenza, pneumonia, and bronchitis.
Asthma, allergies, smoking cigarettes, and also stress are the triggering factors for cough. Many over-the-counter medications are available for the treatment of cough; but they may cause specific unwanted effects, in the event that used for a longer time. Therefore, use of old-fashioned remedies could be the best option to relieve cough. These natural remedies are simple, easy to use, as well as safe.
- Hytuss This cough medicine is available in a capsule form and also helpful to bring down the cough.
- It contains only guaifenesin which can relieve the discomfort associated with unproductive cough.
- The accumulation of sticky mucus in the lungs as a result of cold or flu, causes chest congestion.
- The guaifenesin ingredient in Hytuss, is quite effective to thin the mucus, so that it can be coughed up easily.
Coltsfoot & Myrrh
If you want to choose homeopathy, then you might make teas with Coltsfoot. Drink this tea 3 times a day, for 2 times. An additional cure is using Myrrh. Gargle with Myrrh extract and warm water. Myrrh has a cleansing effect on the throat and reduces infection.
Natural Treatments for Cough
For mild cough, it is always better to make use of the organic cough suppressants. But again, not all treatments are safe to be used continuously for a long time, especially while pregnant. Honey is a natural remedy for cough that can be used by pregnant women. You can include honey to a glass of warm water, and drink it to get relief from the actual cough.